May 24

Aquarium Excursion Reflection

Today we went to the Melbourne Aquarium, we left at 9:30 and came back at around about 1:30.

Here’s the website for more information:

https://www.melbourneaquarium.com.au/

It helped me understand these 2 sentences -“Living things have structural features and adaptations that help them survive in their environment.  The growth + survival of living things are affected by physical conditions of their environment.” – because I saw some adaptations and structural features of some animals that help them survive in the environment they live in, some examples of adaptations are:

-baby penguins camouflage as rocks to survive predators

-Lung Fish have both lungs and gills to survive droughts and floods.

The excursion didn’t really answer any questions I had in my KWLH chat from earlier this year.

I found out that baby penguins have adapted to camouflage as rocks so predators in the wild don’t eat them, crocodiles adapted to stay very still when taking in breaths from the air, use fish to clean their teeth,crocodile’s heart beat is 2 beats per minute,fish in coral reefs have fluro colours to camouflage as coral and show that they are poisonous.

It made me wonder why some sharks eat only one type of fish and if giant fish are able to eat big fish and small fish or if their jaw is designed to only eat big fish and not small fish.

Posted May 24, 2017 by pippa2015 in category reflections

1 thoughts on “Aquarium Excursion Reflection