SRC speech

Hello ladies and gentlemen of 5/6.

I would like to be an SRC representative because it would give me another leadership role and give me a big boost of confidence in decision making.

I have never had a huge leadership role in school before, other than that one time in grade 1 or 2 (or was it 3..). I may have anxiety but that won’t stop me in finding the way to get more self-confident with everything I do.

Not only will being an SRC help me with my self-confidence, but it would also help prepare for something else, being a curator in Amino, now, if you don’t know what Amino is, I’m just going to sum it up for you; it’s a huge social networking site.

I know that being a simple representative won’t let me make the huge decisions, like putting on fundraisers, but it will get me prepared for talking to crowds due to the SRC sometimes talking during the assemblies to make announcements for events that are coming up.

I would love to help this school raise money for things that they need, like substitute teachers or money for charity. Even though others may seem like better options, have you ever thought about what you want for the school? It’s okay if you haven’t, but if you have, I could help.

Like my grandfather said; “Just because you didn’t do something right the first time, doesn’t mean it’s not right for you, it just means it’s a step in the right direction.”

Thank you 5/6 for taking your time to listen to what I have to say.