Home Book Review

Home (Lams – Laurens x Hamilton Modern College AU Fan-Fiction)

An AU stands for Alternate Universe; it is an alternate version of something that already exists.

Anybody can make an AU; all they have to do is take the original idea (A game, a book or a musical) and change it in minor or huge ways.

The characters in this book are Alexander Hamilton; the new guy at school who is very nervous, anxious and loves literature. Eliza Schyler; the loving, caring, hotheaded younger sister of Angelica and the older sister of Peggy. Angelica Schyler; the sweet, gentle, caring older sister of Eliza and Peggy. Peggy Schyler; the shy, curious, hyperactive young sister of Eliza and Angelica. Maria Reynolds; the bossy, sweet (on the inside!), leader who shows Alexander around the school. Aaron Burr; the jealous, ready to take action, hotheaded friend of Alex and Thomas. George Washington; the bossy, leader, caring teacher at the college. Thomas Jefferson; the mischievous, hotheaded, jerk who hates Alex. John Laurens; the sweet, kind, nervous dorm roommate who must put up with Hamilton writing like he is truly running out of time.

The difference in this AU (and many other Hamilton AUs) is that it is set in a modern college. Lin-manuel Miranda (The person who wrote the musical ‘Hamilton’) and the cast of all the characters mentioned switch places with the people in history. (So instead of Hamilton debating with Thomas, Lin debates with Daveed Diggs)

I believe the audience for this book is mostly teenagers as it mentions sex and has a fair amount of swearing. I also believe that this book fits in with the romance genre, due to it being based around a ship (two people being paired together) and it mentions sex.

I rate this book 4/5 turtles. (John Laurens loves turtles!)

🐢🐢🐢🐢/5  

3 Comments on Home Book Review

1. zedekai2016
    April 22, 2018 at 11:34 pm (1 month ago)

Pippa,
    This post is great and very interesting. It was descriptive and I just wanted to keep on reading. It really had me reeled in. Keep up the amazing work.
    P.S Cool Turtles!!!! 🚗😄 (I could not find turtles in the emojis, sorry!)

2. libby2016
    April 23, 2018 at 11:57 am (1 month ago)

I loved the way you introduced all the characters Pippa. I felt I could relate to them because you didn’t tell me what they looked like, but rather focused on their personality traits.
    Well done.

3. joel2017
    May 9, 2018 at 2:11 am (3 weeks ago)

great job on how you explained all about the book!