In the webinar, we learnt about privacy online and how to stay safe and protected.
- When you have received a message/popup, make sure to check all the details (grammar, spelling, who it’s from, name etc) so you are sure that it’s a virus or not.
- If you have received a friend request from someone you know, make sure to check out their profile before accepting or denying the request.
- Scamming messages can come from anyone at anytime, even your friends.
- Don’t put your personal information online, these things are full name, age, where you live, what school you go to, address and personal photos.
- To avoid hackers, never share your password with anyone, even if somebody claims they will never hack into your account.
- Always use a strong password to protect you account.
- Whenever you are editing your profile, find a way to turn of your location/GPS tracking so hackers can’t find out where you are.