All kids should be allowed to be whatever they want to be (In this case, a furry)

Do you have a cool interest but you are too afraid to share it? Imagine a world where kids are not afraid to share any unique interest – that would be possible if only you understood what it means to like anthropomorphic animals, also known as the furry fandom.

Many people think that the furry fandom is full of weirdos who never go outside, which is not true! People make friends with people with the same interests – that also counts for the furry fandom.

I, as a furry, have made new friends through videos and just talking about them in general, they helped me find my fursona and let me be myself.

According to Aces of hearts fox (A furry youtuber), at a furry convention, an 11 year old was bullied about having a bad fursuit. A few popufurs (popular furries) contacted them and set up a photo with the kid who was bullied, they even let them use one of their spare tiger fursuits!

In the furry fandom, people can be a lot more creative and express themselves through a fursona, which is an animal representation of yourself or a part of your personality.

In the furry fandom, I have four fursonas:

• Maple, a nature loving racoon and deer hybrid.
  • Berry, a fruit-loving cat and fruit bat hybrid.
  • Blue, a sad and sensitive wolf.
  • Hallow, a Halloween loving fox.

These fursonas are all small parts of my personality!

Many furries help the community by holding fundraisers, giving convention money to charity and even seeing someone in a giant animal costume can brighten someone’s day!  According to Vice, the furry community is a safe place for all youth to be welcomed with open arms and many teens to be themselves and have fun.

(Read the whole article here)

So come on down and join the fun! Loving anthropomorphic animals is not weird, loving anything unique is not weird, do not let anyone tell you any different! Being yourself is the best part of life!

2 thoughts on “All kids should be allowed to be whatever they want to be (In this case, a furry)

1. Hi Pippa,
    This was a really great text. I wasn’t completely sure if I was a persuasive text, I thought of it more like an information text about Furries but great job.
    -Lucy

2. Hi Pippa,
    Thank you for sharing this writing with us. You have written this piece beautifully, and it gives me an insight into the world of furry fandom that I didn’t understand before.
    You need to share more of your writing with us!
    Libby